The pauvre + captifs campaign is an initiative of:
- Action-Watchdog, community coalition of Point St. Charles
- Comité des sans emploi de Pointe-St-Charles
- Front commun des personnes assistées sociales du Québec
- Project Genesis
- Community Legal Services of Point St. Charles and Little-Burgundy
- Welfare Rights Committee of South-West Montreal
This campaign is the initiative of community groups, legal experts, and beneficiaries of social assistance who are deeply disturbed and outraged by the Couillard government’s welfare cutbacks of April 2015. This measure reinforces prejudices against those living in poverty and undermine the dignity of people who rely on social assistance.
This discriminatory measure makes life difficult for those who have family and friends outside of Quebec. It hits especially hard the people who come from other parts of Canada or from other parts of the world.
Share your story.
For any question, contact us at email@example.com